Monday, August 22, 2011

EEK!

College. I should have skipped all other areas of my life just to get to this place.

Let me start off saying that I've always been kind of a weirdie. Yes, a weirdie. I played weird games when I was a child, I got picked on in middle school, and I definitely received many a weird look in high school. But in college, especially at a large university, you can just move on from the people who look at you funny for talking about Pokemon in everyday life. You just skip right over them, on to the next. Plus everyone is so friendly! We're all in the same boat trying to meet new people. College gives you something in common, always something to talk about. Where you live, where you're from, major, blah blah blah....

Most kids go to college and freak out about all their new found freedom. Pfft. I didn't need freedom - I had that already. What I needed was VARIETY. And oh BOY did I get it! =D The diversity on campus is insane. There are sooooo many different people. There are 5,000 students in my class. 5,000! That's larger than my entire hometown! Plus there are so many different opportunities to get involved in interesting activities. Por ejemplo, the other night I went salsa dancing. YEAH, I SAID SALSA DANCING. =D I loved it so much. The instructor even asked me to be his partner, and I danced with him up on the stage! It was so much fun. I looked into it, and every Friday night I'm going to go swing dancing on campus for FREE. So much better than the....


"What do you wanna do tonight?"
"I dunno... what about you?"
"We could go out to eat, or see a movie..."
"We've eaten at all 5 restaurants in town already this week, and Mr. Popper's Penguins is playing. Gag."
"Hmmm. Let's get drunk instead."

THAT CONVERSATION DOESN'T HAPPEN FOR ME! =P

I'm just overjoyed, as you can tell. And I haven't even brought up the classes yet! I'll tell ya about my schedule.

Intro to Sociology
Intro to World Languages
Spanish 303 (Conversational Spanish)
"Newspaper Physics" - a learning community that parallels my English 250 class
Lyrica Womens Chorus

If you know me, you know that I adooooore almost all of these things. YAY YAY YAY.

I planned on doing a blog about my room and how I organized everything, but I do not yet have a laptop of my own, so I'm holding off on that for now. It will include pictures. =)

If any of you are already off to college, tell me about your experiences! Or if you graduated a long time ago, let me hear it! This is probably the best way I'll be able to update people back home. I love you all, but I wouldn't call myself homesick. Call me or something if you ever want to chat.

Peace out, ladies! <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the my America is having fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying college. It was fun talking to you last night. Your classes sound so fun. I'm very jealous of the world languages class. You'll have to tell me what that's like. And everyone is a weirdie. It's just how much they let show and our family shows it a lot!

    ReplyDelete