Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Everybody has somebody.

So, once upon a time, Meghan and I were talking... 
This is not unusual. Meghan and I talk a LOT. And sometimes we actually talk about important things. Ha! Who'da thunk it? Teenage girls. Thinking. Bah.


Anyway. She may or may not have had this thought originally, but I'm the blogger, ha HA!


She said that every single person in the world has a friend and is a friend.  That means that each and every person must have some redeemable qualities, reasons for people to like him or her. And yet, there are so many people we don't like. You know it's true. Count 'em. Count the people you don't like. Now, think about those people. They probably have friends, eh? What do their friends see in them? Did you think about that? I know I usually don't. We ALL have people we don't like, and we don't usually stop to take the time to think about the reasons other people are friends with them.


This just makes me think of some stories... First one that popped into my head... Forgive me, this may not be perfectly accurate. Pride and Prejudice.  ***SPOILER ALERT***  Everyone, including Elizabeth Bennett, hates Mr. Darcy. He's arrogant, proud, stiff, lame, and seriously disagreeable. (haha I love old English sounding stuff. Oh dear. That made me sound dumb. MOVING RIGHT ALONG.) There are only a few people who know the guy that say good things about him, but those who do really stick to their guns. As it turns out, Mr. Darcy was a wonderful person, doing a lot of charity on the low, and apparently struggling with some seriously confusing feelings for Lizzy. baha. Moral of the story! This guy, who seems to be a major ass, was actually a wonderful person. Hmmm. Intersante, no?



Okay, now I have a not so cool reference. One that isn't, ya know, famous literature. It's just a comedy that I happen to seriously enjoy from this century. =) Fired Up! ***ANOTHER SPOILER ALERT*** It's a cheerleading movie... Yes, hate if you please. However! This particular movie makes fun of the cheerleaders, sort of. It's hilarious, clever, blah blah blah. Go watch it. Whatever. Now let me ruin a mini part of it for you. The blonde guy, I don't remember what his name is, spends the whooooole time trying to hook up with lots of random cheerleaders at cheer camp.  Throughout the movie, he keeps on writing in his own little black book. You think that he's writing girls' numbers and/or bad pickup lines. At the end, however, you find out that the kid has been writing poetry in it the whole time. Good poetry that he doesn't want anyone to know about. Ha!


Okay... I'm straying for from the original point.

THE POINT IS.... people are more than what they seem, h'okay?
When you look it someone, don't always go with your original judgement of that person.
Now, I'm not saying to completely ignore your gut. That's stupid. haha
I'm just saying... don't write someone off so quickly. Why do their friends love them so much? We all have our really bad AND really good points. I think it'll make you (or people in general) appreciate everyone around you for who they really are.

Tis just a thought. Take it or leave it. Comment, tell me what you think.
Tell me if I'm stupid, or if I make legitimate points. Pwease. 
Byyyyyye. <3

3 comments:

  1. I see your point. But I refuse to spend my precious time trying to find good qualities about people that I've hated for years and always will. There are just those people who you don't even know, yet you still want to punch them in the face. Well, maybe that's just me and how easily some people can annoy me. Loved the post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Darcy, I only wish that the truely nice people were easier to find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ironically in my wonderful social psychology class we are studying attraction!! it just takes two things: proximity and similarity. you have to be near these people frequently and have similar opinions and interests. that's all you need to become friends with someone!!

    ReplyDelete