Friday, May 20, 2011

I'm a Disney junkie.

So I was gonna do a blog about something almost personal. A lot of you who actually know me understand that I'm graduating this weekend... WHOO! So I could talk about change, and appreciating blah blah blah. I could, and I probably will eventually. But not today. Today is saved for DISNEY!!!


I looked up a list of Disney movies... cuz I'm cool... and Wikipedia came through for me. Not only that, they are organized by date of release. And SO, what I plan on doing is making a complete list of Disney movies I think you NEED to see in order to deserve to live. Gotta earn your keep. =P So I'm just going to list all (and I'm not kidding you, all) the movies I think are worth seeing... and I might defend myself or give you a little information about the movie. Let's GO!


1930s:
[ ] Snow White and the Seven Dwarves - released in 1937!! CRAZY OLD!
1940s:
[ ] Dumbo
[ ] Bambi
1950s:
[ ] Cinderella
[ ] Lady and the Tramp
[ ] Sleeping Beauty
1960s:
[ ] One Hundred and One Dalmations
[ ] The Sword in the Stone
1970s:
[ ] The Aristocats - a seriously underappreciated Disney movie in my opinion. =)
[ ] Robin Hood
[ ] The Rescuers - this one has the mice, right?
1980s:
[ ] The Fox and the Hound
[ ] The Great Mouse Detective - you haven't lived until you've heard a tiny girl mouse have a Scottish accent! =D
[ ] The Brave Little Toaster - I remember liking this, I think...
[ ] Oliver and Company - I used to watch this over and over and over and over and over and over and....
[ ] The Little Mermaid
1990s: This decade was a particularly good time for Disney movies, in my opinion!
[ ] The Rescuers Down Under
[ ] Beauty and the Beast
[ ] Aladdin <3
[ ] THE LION KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ ] The Hunchback of Notre Dame - if you watched this when you were a little kid and hated it, I understand. But try watching it again... it's not a kids movie. The music is amazing, and it deals with some serious issues. Trust me. =)
[ ] Mulan
[ ] Toy Story
2000s:
[ ] The Emperor's New Groove - !
[ ] Monster's Inc
[ ] Lilo and Stitch
[ ] Treasure Planet
[ ] Finding Nemo
[ ] Cars - MIDWEST REPRESENT
[ ] Ratatouille
[ ] WALL-E
[ ] Bolt - I originally didn't want to see this... but I ended up thinking it was really cute, and really clever. It's about a dog who thinks he has superpowers because he played a super dog on a TV show. SO cute!
[ ] Up - it's tragic and beautiful. I love it.
[ ] The Princess and the Frog
2010s:
[ ] Toy Story 3 - really hits home for people my age going off to college.
[ ] Tangled - I haven't actually seen this, but I've heard very good things... so....


PHEW. I love Disney. =) Now, I want yoooou all to tell me what movies are your favorites. I also want you to yell at me for the movies I didn't include... =) Oh, you thought the list was complete? No. Of course not. I wouldn't add the movies I don't like, would I!? Anyway. I provided the little [ ]s so that you could check off the list if you wanted. I love lists. Maybe you don't. Moving right along.


**side note! I only included animated movies. There's plenty of other killer movies - Pirates of the Caribbean, Chronicles of Narnia, blah blah blah... but I didn't want to go there right meow.


If you're someone who reads my blog but can't comment here on blogger, then leave me a message on Facebook if you've gotta get it out. =) I'd LOVE that.


haha weird blog, fellas. Thanks for reading. =) Byyyyyyyyyyye!

3 comments:

  1. I have seen about 99% of all things Disney; if you're a weird junkie, then so am I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh one of my favorite days ever was hanging out at your house watching the hunchback of notre dame!! love :) and tangled is REALLY adorable. i have it if you wanna borrow it!
    ps - happy anniversary :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bambi and Dumbo are from Disney's strange depressing period. Still good movies... but I don't watch them because they make me sad. Aristocats IS an awesome movie. Lion King was the shnitz and Mulan is hilarious. I love Disney movies too!

    ReplyDelete