Monday, June 13, 2011

Not so sure about E-Books....

So I'm sure many of you cool cats out there own fancy shmancy technology that allows you to read books on an electronic device thingy. I'm not super tech savvy, forgive me for not knowing proper erm... jargon er somethin. ANYWAY like the Kindle or the Nook? iPad?

I was lusting after these bad boys for a while... but then I kinda remembered how much I LOVE reading books. Real books, where you can physically turn the pages, feel their weight... not to mention the smell! Is that important to anyone else?? My friends always make fun of me because I seem to sniff everything. But I think that when I open one of my much loved books and I get a whiff of it... it brings back memories of other times when I've read that particular book. It won't be quite the same on a small computer (thing).

Does this bother anyone else? I know that these tools are so practical... After all, books DO get heavy.  Not to mention, it is probably cheaper to buy books after the price of the computer-thing itself.  Call me old-fashioned.

Tell me what you think. I know many of you have these computer-things.  I wanna know.  Do you miss the regular sensations that come with a traditional book that you probably used to take for granted?  Comment and such! BYYYYYYYYYYYYE. <3


**btw, I usually am inspired to write a blog just driving down the road. Isn't that silly?  Drivin on the highway, POP! Books smell good! The smells make me think happy thoughts! xD  Hmmm.. My life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way about books. I love the smell and the feel and turning pages. I'm not too sure about e-books either.

    ReplyDelete