Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's FINALLY Summer!

Yesterday was my first real day of summer. I finally put on the swimsuit, went to the beach, and actually saw the sun. =) SO! To celebrate this, I wanted to do a blog about it... and I decided that I'd talk about what was in my beach bag. Whoo! I watch a lot of videos on YouTube dealing with beauty and stuff... so bear with me. haha

Let's do it.
This is my "beach bag"! Mostly it's just a random bag that I have. I can put beachy things in it, and I don't care if it gets wet. Perfect! Moving right along. =)

Now you need your beach towel. I like pretty, bright colored towels. Don't we all? Roll it up and it's easy to shove in the bag. Boom!


The single most important item in the whole bag! SUNSCREEN. Please use it. Even if you only use SPF 15, it's better than nothing.  I don't usually use such a high SPF like I used the other day... but I think I'm going to start. I'm very pale, so I burn really easily. Btw, when you apply sunscreen... you're supposed to apply 30 minutes before sun exposure, and then reapply every two hours after that. Just an FYI deal. =)

Now for practicality. My cell phone and wallet with money and ID. Common sense people! =)

Sunglasses! Not as important to me as they are to other people... but if I ever lay out at all I need them.

Of course, at the beach, I pretty much just let my hair do its own thing. But if I want it out of my way I'll either use a hair tie (not pictured. baha) or a clip. I sometimes use this spray gel too to give it a little extra oomph. =)


Okay, honestly, who wears makeup to the beach? The girl with bad skin who just so happens to also be obsessed with makeup. =) Hear me out! The foundation has SPF 17, I believe, which I just use to mattify the face region after applying sunscreen. =) The mascara is waterproof, so it stays on while I'm swimming. And the lip gloss is cooling and also has SPF 20, so it protects me and cools me down all while making my lips look juicy. Boom baby!

And that's it! WHOO! Thanks for stopping by guys. 
What do you keep in YOUR beach bag?
Byyyyye. <3

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha Darcy i love you ;) you need to drag that beach bag on out to lost island and have a good time with me! teehee...i even have sunscreen just for you

    ReplyDelete