Monday, February 14, 2011

I simply must be crazy. =)

So, as many of you may know, this is Michelle Phan.
She is a famous YouTuber, and she works for Lancome these days.  She has reeeeally messed with my head.  For the longest time, I was just fine with coming to school with wet hair and absolutely no makeup.  But she confused me.  She started out as a painter, so makeup is just a new medium for her to create art.  This intrigued me, of course.  I started to watch all her videos just for fun, watching the way she did different things.  Then I actually started trying out her different looks, using her techniques.  Nowadays, I'm positively obsessed with makeup.  It's simply ridiculous how many makeup gurus, as they're called, I'm subscribed to on YouTube.  I'm addicted.  And it's her fault.... I think.

This brings me to the conclusion that I'm rather shallow any more.  I spend way too much time getting ready, or at least way more than I used to.  I can't figure out if that's good or bad.  Hmmm.  This is kind of a warning blog.  Beware that if you follow me, I may talk way too much about makeup.  I am so sorry.

Mom asked me the other day if I was sure I didn't want to go into cosmetology as a career.  I immediately blew it off.  Pssht.  I work in a salon, and I don't particularly enjoy it that much.  But that idea has been planted, and now it's consuming me. hahah  Makeup artist or architect?  I simply must be crazy. =)

1 comment:

  1. Yay I'm your first follower. Now you have to return the favor and follow my blog. Eating is one of your favorite past times and writing about food is one of mine. We're perfect sisters! Think about cosmetology... and remember, I had decided when I was a sophomore that I was going to be a photographer and had that idea until I was a sophomore in college. Your plans will probably change while you're in college.

    ReplyDelete