Tuesday, March 1, 2011

More movies, of course!

So this last Sunday night I watched the Academy Awards. YAY. I almost never watch these awards and things because I never know when they're going on.  I lucked out. =D  So, seeing these made me think of all the quality movies I LOVED this year, and the ones I didn't get a chance to see...


Movies I saw and enjoyed...
INCEPTION!
Such an awesome movie. I think I should buy it. Hmm. Anyone who has not seen it, go rent it just as soon as you can! (I think it might be out on DVD already? Idk) If at all possible, avoid operating any vehicles for at least a couple hours after viewing this movie because it has been known to cause serious disorientation.  Just kidding. Sort of. =)


HP7 and the Deathly Hallows Part One
I don't think it really won any awards that I can think of, but it was nominated for a couple things.  Whatever, Harry Potter will always have a special place in my heart.


The Social Network
So cool.  Very different from anything I have ever seen.  Jesse Eisenberg plays Mark Zuckerburg, the creator of Facebook.  He did a very good job, acting like the biggest ass on screen ever. I loved it. =) Plus, I liked his simple sense of style... Random. I'm into fashion, what can I say? haha


The Fighter
Ah, Boston. Mark Wahlberg is beautiful.  Christian Bale is grimy, which is how he is supposed to be. Wahlberg plays a boxer in Boston that is dedicated to his family and his girlfriend and the fights... But he struggles to balance all of them. Something like that. Very good. =)


THE TOWN!
I literally just watched this last night... You've seen the ads.  The men dressed up as nuns have machine guns and take some chick hostage... and Ben Affleck, one of the robbers, falls in love with her on accident.  SO cool.  Not the happiest movie.  But I really liked it.  It was actually directed by Ben Affleck himself, fun fact.




Movies from the Oscars I didn't get to see, but want to...
Black Swan
The King's Speech (going to that this Friday!!)
and maaaybe True Grit and 127 Hours


Hmm. I guess that's all.  But! There are some new ones coming out that I want to see as well... I always want to watch movies and then give my opinion on them later, so I feel like this will be a regular blog. haha


New movies coming out that excite me...
(I know, I know. My plot descriptions are ... well... lackluster. I'm just giving you the basic idea. Go IMDB that nonsense!)


Limitless: 
Bradley Cooper stars. He takes some drug that practically makes him superhuman. He's always '90 steps ahead' of everyone else. Check out the traielrs.


Source Code:
Jake Gyllenhaal stars. He keeps on waking up in the body of some guy he doesn't know. He has to figure out who bombed the train, but he gets caught up in some other things along the way... Specifically, this girl (Michelle Monaghan).


The Adjustment Bureau:
MATT DAMON. I could end my reason as to why I want to see the movie right there.  But I won't, I guess.  Matt Damon (obviously) stars.  He falls in love with Emily Blunt (because he has never met me, of course), but is intercepted by the people who control 'Fate'.  Fate says that the couple is not meant to be, and Damon fights to keep her.  Wow, my synopsis makes it sound gay. It looks really cool, okay? haha


Beastly:
Some apparently narcissistic, awful guy (Alex Pettyfer) is the main character.  Mary-Kate Olson casts a spell on him, making him look ugly. He has to find someone to love him even when he looks disgusting, or he'll remain that way for the rest of his life.  Vanessa Hudgens also stars.  Kind of a modern spin on Beauty and the Beast, I think, hence the title.




WOW, long blog. Yes. This is definitely going to be a regular thing now. I absolutely adore movies. I hope you do too. Let me know what you think of any and all of the movies I talked about here, as well as the movies I forgot to mention.
Thanks guys. <3

1 comment:

  1. Great reviews Darce! I so want to see Inception, The Town and Black Swan. Ben Affleck also directed Gone Baby Gone which is also fantastic. His movies have a very gritty dark side which I like.

    ReplyDelete