Sunday, March 20, 2011

You know, guys, I LOVE the internet...

And I'm going to link some of my faaaavorite websites right here.
Of course, I am not going to include the most obvious ones (YouTube, Facebook, Blogger, etc).


PS: I don't know if ya'll have noticed, but I FREAKING LOVE LISTS. I'm kinda sorta cut right down the middle when it comes to being left-brained/right-brained. Hmm. That's potentially a good blog topic later... whatevsies. =) Moving right along!


www.1000awesomethings.com
This is a maaajor pick-me-up website. It's one of my very favorites of all time. It takes silly little things out of our everyday lives that make us happy. I'll give you a few examples so you know what I'm talking about: eating for the first time after you've completely gotten over a cold, having just enough toilet paper left on the roll for you to use, aaaand a recent one - forgetting you ordered something online and then having it randomly show up. They're all things that happen to real people that just make us happy. We all gotta smile, fellas. =)


www.postsecret.com
Updated every Sunday. People send in postcards to this guy with their secrets on them. Its a crazy cool ongoing massive art project thing. (Well said, eh?) Sometimes the secrets are funny, tragic, gross, sweet, or strange... but the thing about it is, you know whoever sent that card meant every word they (d'oh! I mean he/she) said because it's confidential. Ever wanted to know what a stranger was thinking?


www.therofr.blogspot.com
Shameless support. Brian's blog. Go check it out. He's a funny kid. =) He posts random questions of the day, and they make ya think! And when did thinking ever hurt anyone? =) BUT SERIOUSLY. Go follow him now.


www.youtube.com/elitetoastersquad
MOOOORE shameless support. This is mostly Brandyn and his friends' channel. It's FUNNY. Brandyn has some wicked writing/editing skills. Plus he's funny. Check it.


www.theoatmeal.com
Okay, so this website I'm not familiar with at ALL. But my friend Kate was just in town (BIG FREAKING YAY) and she told me about it, and there were some seeeriously hilarious things on it. So, let's all trust Kate. baha




Along with this, I think I want to include some of my favorite YouTube channels... Cuz I have a LOOOT. =) Admittedly, all of the ones I'm going to talk about here are beauty/fashion channels. Disregard if you don't give a (four letter word) about looking pretty. =)


MichellePhan  Okay, this one is a duh. EVERYONE loves Michelle Phan. She's a makeup artist for Lancome these days, and she's so artistic. She was an art student first, so her makeup videos are usually inspired by something that caught her eye. Anyway, she's killer. Check it out.


LisaEldridgeDotCom  OHMYGOSH. She's soooo good! She's a professional makeup artist that is in the BIZ yo. She does lots of magazine covers and looks for celebrities blah blah blah.  As she goes through each makeup look, her videos are sooo packed with good information on ways to apply makeup. She's AWESOME. Desafortunatamente, she uses lots of really expensive makeup so I can't really relate that way.. But her technique is what you watch the video for. So good.


BubzBeauty  Some people don't like this girl because of her voice... She has a funny/rather cute little accent, but I think she's adorable.  I kinda hate her makeup tutorials cuz they're boring... But her hair tutorials are stupendous. They're usually so simple, but in a way you wouldn't expect. The thing I'm starting to love most about Bubz though is her nail tutorials. =D She loves anime type stuff, and that is reflected in her adoooorable nail tutorials. They're usually simple, cute, bright-colored, and fun. One was of cartoon-looking strawberries which I rocked a couple weeks ago... and my nails currently are in keeping with her other nail tutorial I just watched - it's a bee flying through the sky, with clouds. Ehh. Just trust. If you know me, be sure to check them out!


AndreasChoice  This girl is beauuuutiful and she has so many practical beauty tips just flowing out of her. Plus, she's kinda harsh in a confident, this-is-what-I-think-damn-it kind of way. bahah She always has really good hair and makeup tutorials, and she's funny. Win win. =)


JLovesMac1  Okay, let's see... This girl is NUTS. I think her name is Jarmaine or something? Should've tipped me off right there. At first I just thought she was really annoying. Now I think she's freaking hilarious. She's really cute, she's funny, and she TOO has good tutorials!


ClothesEncounters  Two girls share a channel, giving advice on how to wear certain trends, blah blah blah. I don't know what else to say about what they do. But I like their sense of style. It's kind of high fashion-y almost, but they do a lot of thrifting, and a lot of their stuff comes from places like Forever 21 and Good Will... so it's kind of inspiring that you can be really fashionable without spending tooooo much.


QueenBeauty  I'm not really sure why I like her. bahah She has lots of good makeup tutorials, of course, but I feel like she's a real person. She gets lots of hater comments and people twist her words around a lot, but I love her. =)




Woooow. What is with me and lengthy blogs? Whatever. I hope the Internet/YouTube junkies will appreciate this. Now I should go do things that pertain to my real life. Sad. Byyyye. <3

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me Darcy! You have started a movement. Now it seems that everyone has a blog. It's FREAKING AWESOME! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha once again...LOVE. made me smile :)
    more websites:
    www.hyperboleandahalf.com
    www.adriftonthelake.blogspot.com (mom's blog)

    ReplyDelete